Thursday, February 18, 2010

Why I Love Snowboarding...

I've been in love with snowboarding for 2 years now. I know, I'm definitely still a n00b. It's a great way to stay in shape in the winter time and it's just plain fun. Who cares about getting hurt, because you just get over it and hop back on your board and shred.

After watching the men and women's snowboarding halfpipe at the Olympics, I now have another reason as to why I love the sport: It's because of the professional atheletes! They have such class and aren't sore losers like in other sports that I've seen. If they mess up on their run, they don't pout. A lot of them say. "oh well, next time!" and they keep on smiling. I think that's a great attitude. (I wish I had their attitude when I competed in individual sports...) Sure deep down there's some disappointment, but life goes on. At least, that's the vibe that I got from watching it on TV.

By the way, do you know how much core strength a snowboarder has, especially the ones doing the pipe? GEEZE! I wish I had their strength and talent, and artistic ability!

No comments:

Post a Comment