Saturday, August 7, 2010

Band T-Shirts

Okay, it's a Saturday afternoon and I am in my room folding laundry... It's what the cool people do on Saturday afternoons after all! Forget the great outdoors. Anyway, as I am folding my clothes, I came across my Black Keys t-shirt and it got me thinking. Why don't more bands have female t-shirts? Not all of their fans and merch purchasers are male you know. This Black Keys shirt is a Youth Large (because they didn't have extra small in the MEN'S adult or any shirts for women) and on the inside it says slim fit. Well let me tell you, this shirt is not slim fitting. It is small around my shoulders because my shoulders are quite broad for my body type, but the rest of the shirt is big. Don't get me wrong. I have a few shirts that do fit me quite nicely, but there have been times when I had to resort to getting youth shirts. That's another thing. Why do bands have youth shirts, especially if they're playing at a 19+ venue? Makes no sense to me. And youth shits, they don't fit the same as women shirts.

This is a message to bands: Please come prepared with nice merch for males and females! Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha you make a really good point, that's so true. my one beef with band merch (well, shirts) is that guy's designs on shirts are better than designs on girl shirts. dunno if you agree, but man it frustrates me! so I have to get like a medium guy shirt. meh.

    p.s. the black keys are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I agree that dude shirts are nicer than girl shirts. WTF MATE!

    ReplyDelete