Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Jen the Hermit

Yes, I am a hermit. Okay, not exactly, but I will be one up until I leave for Europe. I'm a little disappointed with myself for the fact that I have no self-control when it comes to impulse purchases. And it's not like these impulse purchases are cheap either. Well, what am I talking about? I will tell you...

Friday, August 13, 2010 (Of course it was Friday the 13th!) - Sometime in the morning a couple of guys from work wanted to go to Steve's Music Store to look for a drum box. Me being who I am, I decided to go "for a walk". After they were in the drum room, I made my way down to the acoustic room to look for a guitar for another co-worker just to check if it was still there... it wasn't. No one bought a drum box or anything, so we made our way back to work. Maybe 40 minutes later, it was lunchtime and myself and another co-worker (the one who was looking for a guitar) decided to make a trip back to Steve's. It turns out that we both ended up buying guitars. He got this sweet Fender Strat acoustic/electric. I got this travel size guitar, which is an acoustic/electric guitar. I named him Rocky.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - I've been debating getting a new laptop for a while now because my laptop is a piece of shit and doesn't like to work properly. Honestly, it's plugged in, but it doesn't charge anymore. I figured that it was time for something new. It wasn't my plan to buy a new one today though... My plan was to go watch Inception at the Scotiabank Theatre, which is right by work and then head home. Since the movie didn't start until 6:10pm and I finished work at 5, I thought that I should just go to Best Buy and inquire about a Macbook Pro and figure out my finances. Clearly that didn't happen. I bought a damn 15.4 Macbook Pro. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?! Anyway, I didn't leave Best Buy early enough to catch Inception so I just went home.

So, if I refuse to go anywhere, it's because I'm broke like a joke and I'm going hide my debit card from myself until it's safe to use again.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment