Monday, May 24, 2010

The "Scenic" Route part 2

I love long weekends! It's a much needed day off, especially in the hot weather. Anyway, on the way home from being in St. Catharines, I knew that there would be a lot of traffic since it was the long weekend and there were many people coming home from the States. I've done the drive on the QEW so many times and even when it's not a holiday, there's traffic.

I decided that I would not take the highway all the way home because I wanted to avoid traffic. With this, I ended up driving all the way through downtown Burlington and most of Oakville on Lakeshore. I don't know what it is, but people don't like to go past the speed limit there. It was a little irritating, especially since I just wanted to get home, but it was also really scenic. I liked driving by the lake and seeing houses that I can't ever afford. Therefore, it was a scenic route. It took me about an hour and 20 minutes to get home, which isn't too bad.

Ahhhh traveling. The Scenic Route part 3 coming soon. I mean, really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment