Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The "Scenic" Route part 3

I had a 3 hour commute home today. It was less than fun, but not bad. Okay, well not all good, but not all bad. Here it is. I took notes on my phone since I did have 3 hours. Oh, and let me also state that I was wearing shoes (flats) that are too small for me. Okay, and we go...

  • Left work at 4:40pm to get a head start on commuter's traffic
  • Got on a non-air conditioned subway at Osgoode station to St. George
  • There's a "mechanical problem" aka smell of smoke on track level at Dundas West station and all of the trains are out of service from Christie station.
  • Approximately at 5:10pm get on packed Christie station platform and struggle to make my way outside
  • Walk to Ossington station and got on a bus. Good thing it was air conditioned. I was hot and sweaty.
  • Got off at Queen and Ossington and walked to 3 streetcar stops... I have my reasons
  • After three streetcars drove by, I finally got on and went to Long Branch station and arrived at 6:23pm
  • At Long Branch station the Mississauga bus on Dixie takes off as I'm walking towards it. FML
  • Change of plan. The Lakeshore bus to Clarkson arrives. I decide to take that route instead and transfer at Clarkson. I didn't want to wait 15 minutes for the Dixie bus. It's 6:38pm
  • Thank goodness for air conditioned buses. Why were the windows open?
  • Of course, there is construction on Lakeshore and the bus driver was driving slower than I like or I'm used to.
  • Arrived at Port Credit station at 6:51pm and sat there for 3 minutes.
  • Arrived at Clarkson station at 7:08pm. The 45 bus was behind the bus that I was on so there's no way that I would miss it going home.
  • Finally on my last mode of public transportation for the day. On the 45 going home at 7:10pm
  • In my house at 7:41pm.
All of this is true. And the best part was, the train problems cleared at about 5:20pm. FANTASTIC! At the same time, I probably would've been crammed into a hot, stinky, and sweaty subway car and would have to wait a long time before I actually got on. So, was the scenic route worth it? Maybe, I don't know. I'll find out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment