Wednesday, September 30, 2009

How Long Does it Take You?

So a couple of days ago, I heard that in Toronto, it takes about 70-79 minutes on average to travel to and from work (round trip). I honestly wish that was the case for me.

My average travel time daily is 3 hours. No matter what form of transportation I take, it generally takes an hour and a half one way.

Here is my travel schedule:
Mornings
Leave at 7:30am - In car from home in Mississauga to Keele and Wilson in Toronto.
8:15-20am - Wait at the bus stop on Wilson 5-10 minutes. 8 minute bus ride to Wilson Subway Station.
8:30am - Get on the subway at Wilson Station to Osgoode Station. About a half an hour subway ride.
9:00am - Get to Osgoode station and walk to work. Arrive at approx 9:05am.

Afternoons
Leave at 4:50pm - I leave 10 minutes early because the subway station is PACKED after 5pm.
Get to Osgoode Station at 4:55pm.
5:02pm (appox.) arrive at St. George Station
5:30pm - Arrive at Islington Station. I usually don't catch the 5:30 bus, so I end up taking the 5:45.
5:45pm - Hop on the 109 Mississauga Transit, and make it home between 6:30 - 6:45, depending on traffic.

I wonder where these people got the stats from and if they only surveyed people who live in Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment