Monday, March 15, 2010

How Old Do I Look?

On Friday night I was at a work function. Well it was the CHUM FM FanFest, so it's pretty much a work function that served free booze. I'm not one who drinks a lot, but I was going to take advantage of this. So the CHUM FM FanFest was a 19+ event. I was standing at the bar about to get my second drink and here's what happened...

Security: Can I See your ID?
Me: I have to get it, it's in coat check.
Security: You're going to have to get it.

I walk to coat check to get my ID and the girl working there gives me a funny look when I told her that I needed to get my ID. I walked back into the room and gave the security guard what he needed.

Me: Here it is
Security: *After looking at it quickly* YOU WERE BORN IN '84?!?!?!? I'm so sorry you look really young.
Me: Yeah. I get that all the time
Security: Well it's a compliment

I grab my drink and go back to some work peeps. I told them what happened and here was the general reaction.

Everyone: WHAT?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Tom: Well, you could pass as a 15 year old.
Me: :(

No comments:

Post a Comment